রবিবার, ২০ মে, ২০১২

Getting Pet Products in Consumers' Hands

I spent my Thanksgiving holiday in Minnesota. During a massive snow storm, my family ducked into the Mall of America. Not being from that state, I was absolutely amazed by the massive amounts of people shopping and partaking in the family fun located in the center of the mall. This was like no other mall I had ever experienced. There were thousands of shops, amusement rides, live shows and music events happening at every turn.
While taking in the massive entertainment experience, I was amazed when I stumbled upon a massive Bic pen promotional booth. That's right, smack in the middle of the mall. I was somewhat confused when I was approached by a nice-looking man wearing a Bic black polo who handed me a Bic pen and a Bic-branded post-it note. Wow, I thought to myself, what a great way to touch a large number of people in a short span of time with your message. "Just brilliant."
Later that trip, I was rummaging through my purse to find paper and a pen to write down a phone number when I came across that same Bic pen and the Bic-branded post-it note. "Brilliant," I thought again as I described to my group about the massive Bic display and the great freebie.
After my trip, when I returned back home, I found myself shopping at my local Office Max for my year-end supply trip. I was in need of some black pens when I ran across the Bic styles. I picked up my Bic pen, fondly recalling the nice-looking man in Minnesota with the black polo who handed me my free Bic pen. "Brilliant," I thought again as I walked to the register.
Introducing Field Marketing: Getting your products into the hands of your customers. Yes folks, it really does work. Take it from me and the Bic man from Minnesota.
No other industry is better positioned than the pet industry to take a tactic such as field marketing and implement it into their marketing plans. Pet marketing results and ROI is a must in this economy and for many marketing managers, campaign results are closely watched and scrutinized. Most recently, pet marketing managers seem to be searching for new, unique ways to persuade customers to buy their products. While trying various tactics such as online marketing, blog writing, social media and others, today pet retailers and pet manufacturers may find with great success that getting the actual products into the hands of the consumers can be quite rewarding and profitable.
It is critical that pet companies seek out a number of target consumers to experience their product in a measurable way. It is also important to seek ways to connect with customers. To do this, you need to get your product in their hands to experience, touch, taste, feel and smell the products. It seems to me that if I wasn't handed the pen in Minnesota, I most likely would not have purchased the Bic pen at Office Max.
According to a February 2007 consumer packaged goods marketer survey, nine of out 10 consumers say they would purchase a good or service if they experienced it and were satisfied. This holds true for me and I would gather to guess, for the 70 million pet owners in the United States.
So now, to follow the lead of Bic and the man in the black polo in snowy Minnesota, here are some ways pet manufacturers, pet suppliers and pet retailers can implement field marketing tactics.
Product Sampling - Get your products into the hands of your customers. Pick a couple of test markets and determine the target audience you want to reach. Seek out groups and events and search for ways to hand out your products. Google terms such as pet events, pet fairs, pet expos and you will find hundreds of events in which you can easily touch and get your pet product into the hands of hundreds of pet owners.
Events - Host events where your target markets gather. Consider dog parks, animal shelters, pet stores, pet fairs and pet expos.
Contests - Host a contest. Anywhere will work really. Consider trying it online, in pet retail stores, with your local animal shelter. Find a fun way to give away your products to your potential customers.
Paula Yakubik, founder of MassMedia Corporate Communications, has more than 15 years of experience in communications. She serves as managing partner, where she supervises the daily operations and management activities of the firm.
MassMedia was founded in 1997 and its team includes more than 20 professionals with experience in a variety of specialties including account management, public relations, internet marketing, sales strategy and distribution, web design, media relations, social media, field marketing, product launches, advertising, internet communications, crisis communications and event management.
Visit http://www.petpr.com/ for more information.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5785216

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন